Monday, December 8, 2008

Answer Boards

I started with such gusto about this section but came to a CRASHING hault when I started searching one of the questions "Do Turtles Have Knees?" and my computer was infected with a virus(not impressed).
Students who could access these sites would benefit well with Librarians offering their own experience and knowledge to their questions.
The area where I live is very reliant on tourism,so I think our Shire Council would benfit with a service like this. We could have locals answer questions about our area eg.where to camp,fish,local attractions, also other visitors could offer their experiences.
I think these Answer Boards are a great idea especially for students who may be stumped on certain questions.

P.S. Do turtles have knees?

1 comment:

Kim said...

Hi Duckie,
Great ideas about locals answering questions. I never thought of that aspect. Too bad about the virus.It is the problem with a lot of these sites - too much junk on them. I guess with services such as ask a librarian (slnsw) I never think to use answer boards instead.